My better half has been under the weather the last few days. He’s been cold, achy, cold symptoms…the works. Lately, all he wants is warm, comfy clothes and warm, comfy clothes when he gets home from work.
Tonight, I decided I wanted warm, comfort food. It’s not especially cold out (I think we hit 60 today) but it’s been drizzling rain and the sun never showed it’s face. The perfect occasion for hearty, creamy, hot soup.
As most of you know, my younger daughter is a vegan. Add that to the fact that my hubby is watching what he eats (I should be too) and I was up for the challenge…a healthy, vegan, creamy soup.
I picked up my phone and googled vegan soups…and, lo and behold, I found themovementmenu.com and became obsessed! She has a Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup recipe that is both Vegan and Whole 30 friendly. So…although hers wasn’t for the InstantPot….I doctored it a bit to make it IP friendly!
Hope you enjoy!
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed, dried and cut into florets
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt, split in two
- 3/4 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Using the saute function on the Instant Pot, add the coconut oil, onion and garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Add cauliflower florets, broth, fresh rosemary and half the salt. Put lid on Instant Pot, close steam valve and set manual time for 20 minutes.
- Release the steam valve when timer goes off, and once all steam is released, open the lid.
- Cauliflower should be fork tender at this time.
- Remove the rosemary sprig and add the rest of the spices and herbs and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (you may also use a blender, just use care as soup is HOT)
- Pour the soup into serving bowls and garnish with coconut cream and dried chives.